Bronx Social Security Disability Lawyer
An injury or illness that leaves you unable to work can jeopardize your financial future. Applying for Social Security Disability benefits may be your last chance for financial stability, and a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer can help you make sure your application is approved.
Most injuries and illnesses are frustrating, but they don’t usually turn your life upside-down. But when you develop an injury or disease that is expected to be long-term and renders you incapable of working, it’s important that you have the tools you need to maintain your quality of life.
If you’re looking for help managing your finances and your healthcare, applying for benefits with the Social Security Administration (SSA) is one of the best options you have. However, navigating this legal process is often confusing, and if you make a mistake, you could be denied.
That’s why equipping yourself with a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer is so crucial. It’s the best chance you have at being approved. And the attorneys at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP are here for you.
We will ensure your application is sound so you can streamline the process and gain the benefits you need as quickly as possible.
What Are the Requirements?
Without the right guidance, filing for Social Security Disability benefits can be extremely complicated. You must meet many statutes, deadlines, and requirements before you receive an approval. Having a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer on your side will help you gain a better understanding of how to have your application approved.
To start, it’s crucial that you file everything in accordance with the SSA’s requirements. This includes providing the agency with any requested legal or medical documents in a timely manner, as well as adhering to prescribed medical treatments.
Additionally, you’ll need to prove your injuries are qualifying conditions and substantial enough that it has become impossible for you to work.
Some other requirements you will be expected to meet to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits include the following:
- You must be able to prove you have previously paid Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) premiums.
- You must have held a job for at least five years within the last ten-year time period.
- You must be able to prove your medical provider determined that your disability is expected to last at least 12 months or has already lasted for that long. Conversely, you may also be able to prove your condition is terminal.
Social Security Disability Benefits
One of the primary concerns of those who have sustained a temporary or permanent disability is how they will be able to make ends meet. Without the ability to earn money, they have more to worry about than just their medical bills—they also need to be able to provide for themselves and their families and maintain some quality of life.
That’s why hiring a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer is so beneficial. Taking this step will put you on the fast track to being approved and getting all the benefits you need to manage your illness and stay financially afloat.
Some of the benefits you may be able to recover if you are approved include the following:
- Monthly Payments – The general monthly cash benefit awarded to those who were approved for Social Security Disability benefits is $735. However, it’s important to note that each case is unique; as such, you may find that, based on your individual factors, you receive more or less each month.
- Food Stamps – Generally, you will also be awarded food stamps through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. This is beneficial for applicants who find that their payments leave them with very little excess money.
- Medical Coverage – In almost every case, being approved for Social Security Disability benefits will entitle you to automatic Medicaid coverage. This is used to help you treat and manage the illness or disability you have without depleting your finances.
- Retroactive Payments – With the help of your Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer, you may be able to recover past-due payments. This usually covers up to the first month after you initially started the application process.
What if Your Application Is Denied?
Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for victims to have their Social Security Disability application denied on the first attempt. Most often, this is because they did not have a lawyer and there were issues with the filing of paperwork or compliance with the SSA’s requirements.
By hiring a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer, you’ll give yourself a better chance of avoiding an initial denial of your application. Your attorney will work with you to build a solid case so you are able to prove your injuries the right way the first time around.
Your lawyer will also ensure that there are no minor errors with your paperwork or documentation so you can begin enjoying your benefits quickly.
Your attorney will also play a key role in expediting the appeals process if your claim is denied. He or she can help you figure out what went wrong with your initial application and help you file a successful appeal.
Contact a Bronx Social Security Disability Lawyer
If you are suffering from a long-term illness or injury and you’re wondering what you can do to find some financial and medical relief, you have options. Filing for Social Security Disability benefits is one of the most effective ways to get the compensation and coverage you need to get your life back on track and keep yourself protected.
If you’re ready to discuss filing an application, Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP would be happy to assist you. We will do everything in our power to get your application approved so you can get the coverage you need.
To talk to a Bronx Social Security Disability lawyer about your case, give us a call today at 212-385-9190. For more information on scheduling a consultation, please fill out our online contact form, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP Client Review:
I highly recommend the firm. They are professional,amazing and know what they doing. I was so surprised of my outcome. Anyone need a compensation lawyer I would recommend Finkelstein,Meirowitz and Eidlisz.
– Iris Prosper