Manhattan Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accidents often leave workers with extensive injuries. While you wait for your injuries to heal, you can seek financial help by filing a workers’ compensation claim, and a Manhattan construction injury attorney can help.
Construction accidents are more common than they should be, and they’re often very serious. You did everything you could to be careful, but you were still injured on the job. Now you have huge medical expenses and you’re missing out on the wages you need to provide for your family. What are you going to do?
Call a Manhattan construction accident lawyer at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP right away. We will immediately begin the process of filing for workers’ compensation and help you maintain your financial stability during this difficult recovery time.
Filing for Workers’ Comp After a Manhattan Construction Injury
Workers’ comp is a type of insurance that your employer must acquire. It protects workers financially if they’re unable to work due to a workplace injury. Getting your claim approved can be a difficult process, which is why many injured Manhattan construction workers enlist the help of an attorney.
Attempting to file a claim on your own could lead to errors in the paperwork, and the insurance companies are more likely to take advantage of you or deny your claim entirely. What can your attorney do to help your case get accepted? If you team up with us, we’ll do the following:
- Investigate your accident and gather needed evidence (such as witness statements) that your injury occurred at work
- Help you file all claim paperwork to ensure nothing that could lead to a denial is missed
- Help you collect medical documentation to demonstrate the extent of your injury
- Represent you in court, if necessary
- Communicate with the insurance company, the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board, and your employer as necessary
Common Injuries in Manhattan Construction Accidents
If you’ve been injured on the job, regardless of whose fault it was, you should qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Also, the kind of injury you’ve sustained matters less than your injury being work-related and serious enough to prevent you from working.
It’s helpful to know what types of injuries are common in the construction industry, as the insurance companies will look more closely at an injury that seems out of the ordinary. For example, if you work in construction but are claiming a carpal tunnel injury, the insurance adjusters might raise their eyebrows at that claim.
Some common injuries on Manhattan construction sites include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Eye injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Burns and electrocutions
- Illness from toxic exposure
- Crush injuries
Work Comp Benefits for Injured Manhattan Construction Workers
Workers’ compensation is a temporary solution to an injured worker’s financial dilemma after a workplace injury: How will these medical bills get paid, and what will I do without a paycheck? Because your injury happened at work, you will file a claim with your employer’s insurer to recover benefits.
Workman’s compensation provides the following benefits to Manhattan construction workers:
- Payment for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment
- Compensation for your wage losses, although not your full pay
- Disability payments (in certain cases)
- Household replacement payments (if you qualify)
- Death benefits for the family of a worker killed in a Manhattan construction accident
Reasons the Insurance Company Will Deny Your Work Comp Claim
The following are some common reasons why the insurance company may deny your claim:
- The insurer doesn’t believe you were injured at work.
- Your medical evidence doesn’t prove the extent of your injury.
- You didn’t meet the filing deadlines, or you didn’t report your accident to the appropriate people.
- You failed to complete the paperwork correctly, or you failed to provide the necessary documents.
- There was insufficient evidence to prove your case.
- The insurer believes yours was a fraudulent claim.
A qualified construction accident lawyer in Manhattan can help you fight unfair work comp denials through appeals or in court.
Reach Out to a Manhattan Construction Injury Attorney
Construction is a dangerous profession, and accidents are bound to happen, no matter how careful you are. If you’ve been injured on the job, you deserve the workers’ comp benefits owed to you. After all, you still need to pay the bills while you’re recovering from your injuries.
Getting your missed wage benefits and medical care costs is a better bet if you work with a Manhattan construction accident lawyer. The attorneys at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP know how to file on-the-job injury claims, and we can help you with yours. For a free consultation, complete the form below or call us at 212-385-9190.