New York Workers Comp Benefits
Need compensation for your workplace injury? A workers comp attorney can help you get New York workers comp benefits so you can focus on recovering from your injury and getting back to work.
When you’ve been injured in an accident at work, your first thought is probably about the pain and your physical wellbeing. Your second thought is probably something like this: “How am I going to pay my bills if I can’t work?” That is the very reason for the existence of New York workers comp benefits.
These benefits are there to provide you with a cushion so you can remain financially stable while you recover from a workplace injury. The good news is that, in New York, nearly all employers are required to carry workers comp insurance. The bad news is that insurance companies aren’t required to approve your claim.
How to Get Approved
If you’re applying for workers comp benefits in New York, there’s no doubt that you need them. You’re probably hoping you’ll get approved for them, as well. The tricky part is ensuring that your claim isn’t denied. Insurance companies are looking for a reason to deny you. So don’t give them a reason to pounce on.
To get approved for work comp benefits, there are a few things you must do:
- Follow all required deadlines, such as informing your supervisor of the accident within thirty days and filing your paperwork within two years of your injury.
- Seek appropriate medical care immediately following your accident. Don’t wait. You need to establish a causal link between your employment and your injury.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately, and furnish all necessary documentation to prove your claim.
Keep in mind that an attorney experienced with New York workers comp laws can help you with all of these steps, making the chance of an approval far more likely.
What Kinds of Benefits Will I Get?
New York workers comp benefits are designed to provide you with just enough compensation to keep you going while you recover from your injury. Filing for workers comp isn’t like filing a lawsuit, where there are no caps on the awards.
Your benefits can cover the following:
- Replacement wages (usually two-thirds of your weekly salary, up to certain limits)
- All accident-related medical expenses, including surgeries, copays, medications, and more
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Death benefits
Contact a New York Workers Compensation Attorney
Workers comp benefits are there for a reason—to help injured workers like you as they recover. Don’t accept a denial from the insurance company and call it quits. You deserve compensation to replace your missed wages and cover your medical costs while you get over your injury.
Get the help you need from a New York workers comp lawyer at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP. We focus on workers compensation law, and we have a track record of successful results for our clients. To schedule a free consultation with us, give us a call at 212-385-9190 or complete the form at the bottom of this page.