NYC Construction Workers Comp Lawyer
If you’ve been injured while working at a construction site, you have benefits available that shouldn’t be denied. Get what you’re entitled to by working with an NYC construction workers comp lawyer.
When you wake up in the morning and go to work, the last thing you expect is to wind up severely injured while you’re on the job. Sadly, this is an all too common occurrence, especially for construction workers. If you were hurt while performing your job duties, you’re likely now trying to manage the fallout. Whether you’re struggling to pay medical bills or losing income because you had to take time off, life after a construction injury can be hard.
But you don’t have to handle it alone. Hiring an NYC construction workers comp lawyer from Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP can make all the difference in garnering a successful outcome for your claim. Our attorneys are highly skilled and experienced in this area of law, and they will put their knowledge to work to help you receive the workers compensation you deserve.
When Do I Qualify for Workers Comp Benefits?
In the state of New York, there are mandated guidelines that require employers to carry workers compensation insurance. No matter the industry, every for-profit employer is required to carry this insurance to keep their employees covered in case of an accident. As a construction worker, this policy is even more important, due to the inherent danger that comes with the type of work you’re involved in.
In most cases, you will automatically qualify for workers comp benefits as long as your construction accident occurred while you were on the job and as a direct result of the work you were doing. However, there are some special circumstances in which your workers compensation claim may be denied.
These circumstances may include the following:
- If your employer issues a drug or alcohol test and it is determined that you were under the influence of a substance when the accident occurred.
- If it is determined that your injuries were self-inflicted.
- If you were violating state laws or company policies enforced by your employer at the time of your accident.
- If you were not on the clock when the accident occurred.
What Will I Receive Compensation For?
Sadly, receiving the full value of your workers compensation claim isn’t always easy. In fact, many workers find that they have more difficulty getting the compensation they deserve than they initially anticipated.
Luckily, your NYC construction workers comp lawyer will be your saving grace in this regard. We will help you determine how much compensation you are eligible for, and we will handle the entire process for you so that your primary focus can be on getting well.
When working with the workers comp insurance company, our firm will fight for you to receive benefits for any of the following that you have experienced:
- Medical – This includes any doctors’ bills, hospital stays, medications, medical equipment, or rehabilitative programs incurred as a result of your construction accident.
- Lost Wages – Although the amount of compensation you will receive for missing time at work depends on the individual factors of your case, you can generally expect your workers comp benefits to provide two-thirds of your weekly salary.
- Permanent Injuries – If you suffered permanent injuries as a result of your accident, your attorney will fight for you to receive compensation for them.
Contact a New York City Construction Workers Comp Lawyer
If you were injured in a construction accident while on the job and are thinking about filing a work comp claim, allow Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP to make the process easier. Working with our firm is one of the fastest paths toward obtaining the benefits you deserve.
To get in touch with an experienced NYC construction workers comp lawyer, give us a call at 212-385-9190. You can also reach one of our representatives by filling out the online contact form, which can be found at the bottom of this page.