NYC Factory Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been injured in a factory accident, you have the right to file a workers compensation claim. Allow an NYC factory injury attorney to help you recover the benefits you need to stay financially afloat.
It’s no surprise that factories can be dangerous places to work. There are a lot of moving parts and pieces of machinery, and you can easily become injured. If you’re injured in a workplace accident, you’re entitled to collect workers compensation benefits to provide for your medical costs and missed wages while you recover.
Unfortunately, filing a workers compensation claim can be difficult. If you don’t do it just right, your claim could be denied. But you need your benefits to provide for your family and pay for the medicals costs associated with your injury.
Fortunately, working with an NYC factory accident lawyer from our office can improve your chances of getting your claim approved.
Common Factory Accidents That Lead to Injuries
Factory work can cause substantial injuries. Factories contain large machines, and anytime you work with equipment of that size, things can go wrong. You could get stuck in a tight space, a limb could become caught in a moving part like a conveyor belt, you could be injured from falling objects, or you could develop a workplace illness.
When you’ve been hurt in an accident because of your NYC factory job, you more than likely qualify to receive workers compensation. The following is a list of common accidents that occur in factories and warehouses:
- Lifting Heavy Objects – Factory workers often lift heavy objects, which can lead to back and spinal injuries.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls – A person can slip or fall at any workplace, but it’s far more common in an industry where equipment and products are constantly being moved from one place to another. Falls are common in factory work and can lead to substantial injuries.
- Industrial Illnesses and Diseases – Depending on the type of NYC factory you work in, you may be exposed to dangerous chemicals, particles, fumes, or other substances that could cause illness or disease.
- Forklift Accidents – Anyone who operates a forklift must have special training, but even with training, serious accidents can happen. Collisions, crush incidents, and even death can result when heavy machinery is involved in the daily duties of your job.
- Equipment Malfunctions – Explosions, improperly secured equipment, flying debris, or becoming caught in equipment can all cause serious on-the-job injuries.
Common Warehouse and Factory Worker Injuries in NYC
Injuries commonly strike those who work in factories and warehouses in NYC. This type of work is very physical in nature, which often leads to injuries.
The following are injuries frequently suffered in factory environments:
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries often caused by extensive bending, lifting, and twisting to transfer merchandise
- Traumatic brain injuries that could be caused by slips, trips, falls, falling objects, and falling from a great height
- Broken bones from falls and slips
- Shoulder, arm, knee, and ankle injuries, which can be gradual injuries that occur from frequent use or stress over time
Recovering Workers Compensation Benefits for Your NYC Factory Injury
Most NYC workers are entitled to receive workers comp benefits for an injury at work, whether they work in a factory, warehouse, or office. If you’ve been injured on the job, you can seek benefits to pay for your medical care and replacement wages for the time you won’t be able to work.
Here’s what workers compensation provides to injured NYC factory workers:
- Medical costs related to the accident
- Replacement of your wages
- Disability payments
- Death benefits
Providing for your family is important to you, but you also need to recover from your injury. You should be allowed the time to do that. Your factory accident attorney in NYC can help you file a workers comp claim, affording you a better chance of your claim being approved quickly and getting you the compensation you need when you need it.
An NYC Factory Accident Attorney Is Available
Factory accidents lead to expensive medical bills and missed wages. You have enough on your plate while you’re trying to recover from your injury—you don’t need to deal with the stress of filing a workers comp claim on your own. Working with a legal professional can greatly improve the odds of the insurance company approving your claim.
We’ve recovered over $200,000,000 for our clients, and we can help you, too. Speak with an NYC factory accident lawyer at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP today. We offer a free case review when you call 212-385-9190 or complete the contact form at the bottom of this page.