NYC On-the-Job Injury Lawyer
Injured on the job and need to maximize your work comp benefits? Work with an on-the-job injury lawyer in New York City.
As frustrating as being in a workplace accident is, there is some good news to make your bad situation a bit better. In New York, most employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance to provide you with the damages you need to recover after you’ve been injured on the job.
But to find success when you file your claim, you need to meet several deadlines and ensure your application is absolutely free of errors to avoid being denied. Doing this on your own can be nearly impossible, but the attorneys at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP are here to make things easier.
When you work with an NYC on-the-job injury lawyer, you’ll greatly improve your chances of having your claim approved and moving forward in your recovery.
Do You Qualify?
There will rarely be a situation in which an employee is held liable for his or her own injuries from a workplace accident. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you will automatically be approved and eligible to recover benefits.
Your NYC on-the-job accident lawyer will need to prove that you meet the requirements before he or she can begin naming damages in your claim.
Here are the requirements you must satisfy in order to qualify for workers comp benefits in NYC:
- Your injuries must have been sustained while you were on the clock.
- You must be a regular employee and not a seasonal worker, freelancer, or subcontractor.
- You must prove you were not drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of your accident.
- Your injuries must not be part of a preexisting condition.
- Your injuries must be severe enough to qualify for benefits.
What Benefits Can You Recover?
Once an NYC workplace injury attorney from our firm has shown that you meet the necessary requirements, obtaining an approval on your application should be simple. At this point, your attorney will begin determining which damages you are eligible for.
Although the specific damages you can claim will depend on the circumstances of your accident and the extent of your injuries, your attorney will do everything in his or her power to garner you a comprehensive compensation offer.
Some damages you may be eligible to recover through workers comp include the following:
- Cash payments to make up for any wages you lose during your recovery
- If applicable, compensation for time you lost from work during the claims process
- Full medical care coverage, including medication, doctor appointments, travel costs to get to appointments, and more
- Vocational rehabilitation services to ensure you have the necessary training should you need to switch career fields after your accident
Call an NYC On-the-Job Injury Attorney
If you are in need of an NYC on-the-job injury lawyer to help you file a successful workers compensation claim, look no further than the team at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP. We would be happy to help you. Give us a call at 212-385-9190 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page to get started.