NYC Work Injury Lawyer
Being injured at work can put your ability to make a living in peril. For help getting the compensation you need as you recover, get in touch with an NYC workplace injury attorney.
As an active member of the workforce, you likely want nothing more than to be able to do your daily duties and provide for your family. That’s why suffering a workplace injury is a huge inconvenience and can even be debilitating.
Between suffering from physical pain and becoming responsible for costly medical bills, being involved in an on-the-job accident is enough to put crushing stress on any victim.
Luckily for victims like you, there are regulations in place that are meant to help alleviate some of that stress. Workers’ compensation insurance should offer the financial assistance and protection you need to get your life back on track.
But to recover these benefits, you may need a qualified NYC work injury lawyer on your side. Fortunately, the team at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP is here to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Benefits You Can Recover
The first question most accident victims seeking workers’ comp have is which benefits they are eligible to receive if their claim is successful. No two workplace injury claims are the same, so, of course, damages will vary from case to case. However, a number of benefits are typically available when you file a claim.
Some of the most common damages your New York work injury lawyer can help you seek in your claim include the following:
- Full medical coverage, including time spent in the hospital, medication you are prescribed, rehabilitative programs, travel associated with your healthcare, and any equipment needed for your recovery
- Compensation for any time you need to take off while you are recovering
- Compensation for loss of earning capacity
- Vocational rehabilitation services, which cover you in the event that you are forced to switch fields due to your injuries and require training and education to enter a new career
Qualifications You Must Meet
Often, New York law is on the side of the victim who suffered a workplace injury. To obtain compensation, you need to have sustained your injuries while you were on the job, and your employer needs to carry workers’ comp insurance.
Sadly, it isn’t uncommon for victims like you to be caught off guard when they realize their application has been denied. An NYC work accident attorney from our firm will help you ensure that your application has the best chance of being approved so you can obtain your compensation as quickly as possible and streamline your recovery.
Your lawyer will explain to you that, in order to qualify for benefits, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Your injuries were not part of a preexisting condition.
- You were not under the influence of alcohol or drugs when your workplace injury occurred.
- Your application must be filed on time and in accordance with regulations from the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board.
- You must submit the necessary medical documentation proving that your injuries were severe enough to necessitate damages.
- You must follow the prescribed healthcare regimen after receiving benefits.
Why Hiring an NYC Work Accident Lawyer Helps
Being denied when applying for workers’ compensation is both frustrating and confusing. Many victims are unsure of how to proceed and are left to handle the financial fallout of their workplace injuries on their own. But when you hire an NYC work accident injury lawyer from our firm, you minimize the chance of this occurring.
But having an attorney on your side isn’t just crucial to making sure you are approved for compensation. Working with a lawyer will also ensure your rights are protected throughout the proceedings and that the true value of your claim is realized.
Insurance companies are known for offering lowball settlements, which could hurt your chances of recovering quickly. But working with an NYC workplace injury lawyer will give you the best chance of obtaining compensation for all of your damages, including ones you wouldn’t have thought to ask for on your own.
Talk to an NYC Work Injury Attorney
If you recently sustained a workplace injury and are struggling to get by, you should know that the law is on your side. Talk to a lawyer from Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP today about the circumstances of your case so you can find out which steps you should take next.
We will fight on your behalf to garner full and fair compensation that helps you recover quickly. To schedule a consultation with an NYC work injury lawyer, fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page or give us a call directly at 212-385-9190.