Queens Construction Workers Comp Lawyer
If you’re in the construction industry, you’re used to building things, but when you’ve been injured in a construction accident, the life you’ve built for yourself can come crashing down. When that happens, let a Queens construction workers comp lawyer help you pick up the pieces.
When construction workers are injured in on-the-job accidents, they should receive the benefits they’re entitled to through the state of New York. Without the help of workers compensation, you may find that you’re unable to manage your medical bills or even get back to work.
But teaming up with an experienced attorney can help you get the compensation you need to bring some stability back to your life. A Queens construction workers comp lawyer with Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP may be just the legal ally you need.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
The construction industry often involves workers in close quarters doing physically demanding jobs with large equipment. It’s no wonder that construction worksites are a common scene of accidents.
Construction injuries are commonly caused by the following circumstances:
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Being hit or run over by a piece of machinery
- Being struck on the head by a falling object
- Falling off of scaffolding, a ladder, or another elevated location
- Long-term exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Lifting equipment that is too heavy
Determining which of these categories your accident falls into is a crucial part of building a successful workers compensation claim. A qualified Queens construction workers comp lawyer will use this information to prove the nature and extent of your injuries. He or she will also use this information to identify key witnesses.
What Benefits Can You Get?
Once the picture of how you were injured has been painted, your Queens construction workers comp lawyer will help you determine which damages you need to name in your claim.
Each case is unique, which means the benefits awarded during the claims process will vary from person to person. However, knowing what you can potentially recover is helpful in deciding what you you will need.
Some of the damages you and your attorney may choose to seek when filing a claim include the following:
- Medical Coverage – The last thing you should be responsible for when you’ve been injured at a construction site is paying for your own healthcare. If you’re awarded medical coverage, it should entail everything from medications to your travel expenses for seeing your doctor.
- Disability – If you are permanently disabled due to your on-the-job accident, you have the right to seek workers compensation.
- Vocational Rehabilitation – In some cases, your injuries are so significant that you are no longer able to work in the construction industry. In these instances, your attorney may name vocational rehabilitation in your damages so you can be covered for any training or education you need to help you transition into a new career.
- Lost Wages – If you are forced to take time off of work for any reason tied to your accident and your recovery, you can collect compensation for the wages you lose. This can cover both past and future income.
Turn to Our Team
If you want to file a workers compensation claim or appeal to recover benefits after your on-the-job accident, you’re going to need qualified legal advice to ensure success. Allow Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP to guide you through the legal proceedings.
Get in touch with a Queens construction workers comp lawyer today. Give us a call at 212-385-9190 or reach out via the online contact form at the bottom of this page.