Queens Work Accident Lawyer
Work with a Queens work accident attorney who will help you get over your injury by helping you get the workers compensation benefits you deserve.
No one wants to be injured in an accident at work, but, unfortunately, these things do happen. When you’ve been injured, your employer shouldn’t treat you like this was something you wanted to happen to you. You deserve to receive compensation for your workplace injury so you can get over your injury quickly and get back to work.
Workers compensation claims can be difficult to understand. Sometimes, insurance companies will try to take advantage of you by either denying your claim, hoping you won’t push for it, or not giving you the full compensation you’re owed. You can avoid all this hassle by working with a Queens work accident lawyer from our firm.
What Is the Claims Process Like?
When you’ve been injured on the job in Queens, you need to take a series of steps to help ensure your claim is approved. These steps include the following:
- After being injured, you should seek medical care right away. Your health is a priority. Also, this sets up a timeline that will help prove your injury was work-related.
- You should notify your supervisor of the injury as soon as you can, but definitely notify your employer in writing within thirty days of the accident.
- Contact an attorney to help you file your claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board.
- After you’ve notified your employer of the incident, he or she has ten days to notify the Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Within fourteen days of the receipt of your claim, the work comp insurance company must send you a written notice of your rights.
- Within eighteen days of receipt of your claim, the insurer must either begin your payments or explain to you and the Board why you’re not being paid (i.e., your claim is being denied).
What Should I Do if My Claim Is Denied?
If your claim has been denied, don’t lose hope. Instead, speak with a Queens workers comp attorney who can help you make sure you meet all filing deadlines and that you’ve supplied all the proper medical paperwork.
Call a Queens Work Injury Attorney
Being injured on the job is painful enough, but a workplace injury can also cause you great anxiety. You’re left wondering how you’ll pay your bills, when you can return to work, and whether your employer will hold a workers compensation claim against you. Feel free to shift some of that worry onto our shoulders.
Work with a Queens work accident lawyer at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP. We can help you file your workers comp claim, ensure your rights are protected, and fight for you every step of the way. Call us at 212-385-9190 or complete the online contact form below to schedule your free consultation.