Queens Work Injury Lawyer
Injured at work? Hire a Queens work injury attorney from our firm to help you receive the benefits you’re entitled to under workers compensation.
Injuries at work can be complicated. In addition to the physical pain and emotional trauma you’re experiencing, you also have to worry about your job.
You might be wondering whether your employer will be mad at you if you file for workers compensation, or you might be worried that you’ll lose your job before you recover from your injury.
Many people in situations similar to yours hire a Queens work injury lawyer from our firm to be by their side every step of the way. We will help you file your claim, ensure your rights aren’t trampled on by your employer or the insurance company, and assist you with any other legal issues you may be facing as you pursue workers comp benefits.
Who Is Covered Under Workers Comp in Queens?
Workers compensation laws cover most workers in New York. Below is a list of which workers are covered under the law:
- Workers who are employed by a for-profit business, including part-time, seasonal, borrowed, leased, family, and even volunteer workers
- Employees working in hazardous jobs for a county or municipality
- Public school teachers, excluding those employed in New York City
- Employees of the state of New York, including some volunteer workers
- Domestic workers employed forty or more hours per week
- Farm workers whose employers paid them more than $1,200 during the year
- Most workers at nonprofit organizations
It should also be noted that employees who are excluded from coverage under workers comp laws are usually covered under a different New York law (e.g., volunteer firefighters are covered under the Volunteer Firefighters’ Benefit Law).
How to File for Workers Compensation in Queens
To file for workers comp benefits, you need to follow a few steps after you’ve suffered an on-the-job injury or work-related illness in Queens, including the following:
- Obtain medical treatment right away and inform your employer of the accident within thirty days of the accident.
- Hire an attorney to assist you with filing your paperwork and meeting the mandatory deadlines and documentation requirements.
- Closely follow all of your doctor’s instructions regarding your health and when it is safe to return to work.
Speak with a Queens Work Injury Attorney
A workplace injury can be an overwhelming experience, but you don’t have to go through the struggle alone. A workers compensation attorney can help you file the claim paperwork, walk you through every step of the process, and fight for you to receive your benefits in court, if necessary.
Speaking with an experienced Queens work injury lawyer with Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP can help put your mind at ease. We know workers compensation law, so you can rest assured that we will help you get through this process. Use the form below to contact us for your free case evaluation, or give us a call at 212-385-9190.