Staten Island On-the-Job Injury Lawyer
Need help filing a workers comp claim? A Staten Island on-the-job injury attorney at Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP is ready and willing to help you obtain the benefits you need.
Workers compensation was designed to help injured workers by providing them with cash benefits while they recover. This is a wonderful idea, but many great ideas don’t always work out as well as they should. After a workplace injury, you may think it’s very easy to file for workers compensation, but the opposite is often true.
If your case is straightforward and easy to prove, you may have little trouble showing the insurance companies that you’re owed compensation for your injury. Unfortunately, many cases aren’t straightforward, and insurance companies will often create obstacles out of thin air, hoping you’ll give up on your claim.
Getting a Staten Island on-the-job injury lawyer to help you with your case can allow you to avoid a lot of the stress the insurance companies will try to heap on top of you. You deserve a quick, easy, and successful claims process, and we can help you get it.
Steps for Filing Your Staten Island Workers Comp Claim
Below, you will find the mandatory steps and major deadlines involved in the Staten Island workers compensation claims process:
- Immediately after you’ve been injured on the job, seek medical attention.
- Report your injury to your supervisor right away but within thirty days at the latest.
- Within forty-eight hours of your accident, your doctor should complete a detailed report of your injuries and send it to the appropriate workers compensation district office, as well as to the insurance company and your employer.
- Your employer must report your injury to state workers comp officials and the insurance company within ten days of notification of your Staten Island on-the-job injury.
- The insurer must provide you a notice regarding your rights within fourteen days of receiving the employer’s report that you’ve been hurt.
- The insurer must begin making payments to you within eighteen days of notification, or it must inform the New York State Workers’ Comp Board that it is disputing your claim.
Benefits from Your Staten Island On-the-Job Injury Claim
When you’ve been injured on the job in Staten Island, one of your more pressing questions is this: What kind of compensation can I receive? The two main types of benefits are cash payments for your missed work wages and the payment of your accident-related medical expenses.
Call a Staten Island On-the-Job Injury Attorney
An on-the-job injury usually occurs when you least expect it. Sudden injury or illness can bring life to a grinding halt, and that can be a scary situation, especially when you’re already suffering physically from your injuries. Fortunately, a qualified and experienced lawyer can help you cope.
At Finkelstein, Meirowitz & Eidlisz, LLP, we believe in fighting for our clients to ensure they receive the benefits the law promises them. A Staten Island on-the-job injury lawyer from our firm will take on the insurance companies on your behalf. Call 212-385-9190 or fill out the online contact form below to schedule a free consultation.