Staten Island Work Accident Lawyer
Need help filing a workers comp claim for your Staten Island work accident? We’ve resolved over 22,000 work injury cases, and we can resolve yours, too.
Filing for workman’s comp can be an overwhelming process. You’re probably a stranger to workers compensation laws, and you’re likely unsure of where to begin. We can assist you in a variety of ways, making your claims process fast and smooth. Hiring an attorney can also make a denial from the workers comp insurance companies less likely.
From starting the initial paperwork and investigating your accident to negotiating with insurance companies, a Staten Island work accident lawyer from our firm can help you get the compensation you need until you can return to work.
What Are the Steps to a Successful Staten Island Workers Compensation Claim?
There are several steps to getting your claim moving, and speaking with a work accident lawyer in Staten Island is a good way to get your case off the ground and headed in the right direction. There are several deadlines and requirements you must meet for your claim to be successful. Let’s go over them:
- The first step is to notify your employer of your injury as quickly as possible—but definitely within thirty days of your Staten Island work accident.
- Attempt to gather evidence that proves your injury occurred at work. Your attorney can also assist you with this step.
- Assuming you’ve already seen a medical professional, you must begin gathering documentation of your injury and have your doctor send the documents to the right people. The New York State Workers’ Compensation Board, your employer, and the insurance company will need to see these documents.
- You must file the claim paperwork, being very careful that you don’t miss any requested information or fail to provide necessary documents.
- To ensure the insurance company doesn’t take advantage of you and to safeguard your right to receive benefits under the law, contact a qualified lawyer as soon as possible.
What if My Staten Island Work Accident Claim Is Denied?
If you don’t follow the steps above, the insurance company could deny your Staten Island work accident claim. This is a problem because it could leave you without the financial resources workers comp benefits provide. A successful claim can allow you to collect benefits like the following:
- Missed work wages
- Medical expenses associated with your injury
- Disability benefits
- Household replacement costs
If the insurance company does deny your claim, your work accident attorney in Staten Island can assist you with filing an appeal.
Get in Touch with a Staten Island Work Accident Attorney
The weeks and months after a work injury can be an uncertain time. You aren’t sure how to file a workers comp claim; you wonder whether your claim will be approved; and you may even worry whether you’ll be permanently disabled. Settle your mind by reaching out to a lawyer who can help you get the workers comp benefits you need.